Trail Gear Rock Assault Front Axle Housing
Rock Assault™ Front Axle Housing
Trail-Gear is proud to introduce the newest addition to the Rock Assault™ Axle Housing family, our Rock Assault™ Front Axle Housing. This exclusive axle design is the first in the industry to be released with all new parts. That's right, our axle housing is not made with 30-year-old used knuckle balls. Our knuckle balls are forged from 1035 steel, making them much stronger than stock, eliminating closed or bent knuckle balls.
The axle tubes have been offset above the housing centerline, so the inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center. The result is an increase of 3/8" in ground clearance under the axle tubes. The axle tubes are made from 5/16" thick 1020 DOM tubing with an outer diameter of 3". The short side of the axle tube has been lengthened by 3", making the axle IFS width, so there is no need to run wheel spacers. A 27 or 30 spline short side chromoly axle shaft will be supplied with the axle housing.
The heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section is shaved to give you 3/4" of additional ground clearance under the differential. The differential mounting surface is made from 1/2" plate steel to ensure studs can not pull out, even under heavy loads. Our housings are precision alignment checked using state-of-the-art, 3D digital imaging equipment to ensure that all Rock Assault™ Axle Housings are 100% straight and true.
The Rock Assault™ Front Axle Housing will come in your choice of bare tubes, with spring perches installed, or 3-link ready with a panhard bracket included. For an additional charge we can install an inspection cap making inspecting your front ring and pinion a breeze. Axle housing is shipped unpainted and lightly oiled to prevent rust during shipping and storage.
59" from WMS to WMS.
- We recommend the addition of our Axle Housing Inspection Hole Kit to allow for easy fluid level and ring gear visibility. The kit is available in a DIY installation version (requiring drilling through the differential housing and welding on a threaded bung), as well as a factory-installed version (just choose "Yes" for the Installed option when ordering the kit with a Rock Assault Axle).
- In order to achieve full ground clearance, you will need to grind the bottom of the differential housing flange flush with the axle housing!
WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
- 59" from WMS to WMS
- Knuckle balls are forged from 1035 steel
- The axle tubes have been offset above the housing centerline, so the inner axles ride near the bottom of the axle tubes rather than in the center
- Increase of 3/8" in ground clearance under the axle tubes
- 5/16” thick, high strength DOM axle tubes that engage 5/8” further into the center section and the 360° gusset welded around the tubes on the inside of the housing
- Heavy-duty, press formed, 1/4" plate steel center section shell is specially shaped to ensure a minimum of 3/4" additional clearance under the differential
- Differential mounting surface is made from 1/2” plate steel
- Non-vehicle specific
All products carry our 12 Month Limited Warranty. All warranties are limited to the original purchaser and are not transferable to subsequent owners of the product. The warranty period begins on the purchase date. Trail-Gear warrants that it will repair or replace, free of charge, any eligible product which, under normal conditions of use and service, proves to be defective in materials or workmanship. This warranty does not cover any labor costs incurred in diagnosis of defects, removal or reinstallation of a product, nor does it cover any other consequential expenses.
Trail-Gear Inc. warranty does not cover, and Trail-Gear Inc. shall not be liable for, any undertaking, representation, or agreements made by dealers or other third parties selling Trail-Gear products, except where such agreements are within the provisions of this Warranty.
Specifically excluded from this warranty are failures caused by lack of maintenance, misuse, negligence, modification, abuse, improper application, crash damage, installation or operation, or failures caused by unauthorized service or use of unauthorized parts.
Additionally excluded from this warranty are parts which are subject to normal wear and tear, such as bushings, fluids, hoses, gaskets, belts, etc. Products not manufactured by Trail-Gear Inc. are excluded from any warranty and shall be handled with the original manufacturer.
All parts used in a competitive racing environment are excluded from this warranty. If, after inspection, a part returned, under any warranty, is deemed to be ineligible for warranty repair or replacement, the part may be repaired or replaced for a discounted cost. Return shipping charges will apply. Any part for which a warranty replacement is sought must be returned to Trail-Gear Inc. before any replacement items can be shipped. All replacement parts shipped before the suspect part has been received and evaluated by Trail-Gear, MUST BE PAID IN FULL. In such a case, after the suspect part has been received and approved for a warranty replacement, the purchase price for the replacement will be refunded.
- Please contact Trail-Gear Inc. at 559-252-4950 or email [email protected] prior to returning any product under warranty to verify that warranty is still in effect.
- Products must be shipped back to Trail-Gear Inc. at the expense of the customer.
- ATTN: WARRANTY
- 5356 E. Pine Avenue
- Fresno, Ca 93727.
Ship all products to:
- Please place a clearly marked copy of the original invoice on the outside of the package.
- Please include a short note stating the problem you are experiencing.
If any of the above mentioned policy is not met, the package will be refused or warranty claim denied. By completing the steps above, this will ensure faster processing of your claim so that Trail-Gear can get your product back to you as quickly as possible. All warranties are generally processed within 2-3 business days of Trail-Gear receiving the parts from you. Additional delays may be incurred if product needs additional testing or repairing.
If you are an international customer, please email the warranty department at [email protected] to receive further instruction. International customers may have the option to field destroy an approved warranty to avoid costly return shipping. In this case, any shipping charges for replacement parts will be at the expense of the customer.